Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Making Beats???
Is the next Dre on the board here?  I just got FL Studio XXL, and a nice keyboard and have been learning the ins and outs of it.  I haven't completed anything yet But I am hoping to real soon, and of course will post it up!  Curious to know if anyone else here makes beats and is interested in posting what they got, and their tools of choice....
I have a degree in piano and make alot of beats but need to go buy a new keyboard and MPC; since right now I've only been getting stuff done at a friends place (not much unfortunately). I use Reason for the most part.
Nice!  I am wishing I learned to play piano when I was younger.  I think it would help me a lot.  Unfortunately, i am just using my ears to tell me what sounds right.
im in the same boat as u, wish i had learned piano as well, i just got a copy of reason and i have been trying to make some hip hop beats, i made a couple of half decent ones but its definately harder than i thought.

(06-18-2009, 02:30 PM)Akademic link Wrote:Nice!  I am wishing I learned to play piano when I was younger.  I think it would help me a lot.  Unfortunately, i am just using my ears to tell me what sounds right.
Yeah being able to play better would be such a big help.  I might as well draw my notes in on piano roll because I end up changing so much
yeah thats true, i find making the sounds actually sound professional really hard but i have found a link to a page that has all types of  downloads in wav files which has made it a bit easier, it has all types of drum kits, from dr dre kits to timbo's to eminem's also some lil jon synths, if u interested let me know and i'll put the link up..

p.s - put a couple of your beats up or pm me some links bro, i'm always interested to hear what other people are making..

(06-25-2009, 07:47 AM)Akademic link Wrote:Yeah being able to play better would be such a big help.  I might as well draw my notes in on piano roll because I end up changing so much
Yeah I'm always interested in fresh sounds.  Go ahead and post it up and I'll check it out.  I'll see if I can't get some beats uploaded.  I've only done a few so far but plan to do many more
I downloaded Reason a while ago but haven't got round to giving it a go. I don't even have to open it to be the next Dr. Dre though, just give me enough money for a Khalil, Focus or Denaun Porter beat and I'll tell you I made it ;D

I would try and be the next Premo but then Akademic wouldn't like my work Sad lol.

Is it even possible to make a decent beat with just a program like Reason? Or do you need heaps of other shit too?
http://www.soundclick.com/vacazakarecords  ;D
(06-25-2009, 10:38 AM)alphabet link Wrote:I downloaded Reason a while ago but haven't got round to giving it a go. I don't even have to open it to be the next Dr. Dre though, just give me enough money for a Khalil, Focus or Denaun Porter beat and I'll tell you I made it ;D

I would try and be the next Premo but then Akademic wouldn't like my work Sad lol.

Is it even possible to make a decent beat with just a program like Reason? Or do you need heaps of other shit too?

If it means anything to you, Khalil almost exclusively uses Reason....I tried it out for a while myself, but it didn't seem to give you as much freedom as other programs like FL, or Sonar.  However, those who take the time to learn it have made some incredible beats.  Also heard Reason purchased runs more smoothly than the hack for whatever reason.

LOL.....you aren't gonna let me forget the premo comment are ya?