Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaughterhouse - Woodstock
While I don't think the song will ever be one of my fav slaughter house songs, it has grown on me to a certain extent, if I listen to it like its just another artist not expecting SH standards then its a good, its just so average for SH that I cant get hyped over it
 Defective Crooked I Robot
I think its a hot track (minus the additional mixing they need to do) for what they have to work with. If they're trying to keep the tracks short to "standard size" with 4 dudes and a hook, they can't manage to get too lyrical and still make it sound like they're on same track. They only had 12 bars (I believe, only listened to it twice, correct me if i'm wrong) to work with.
I just blasted this on repeat in my car and I have to say, I definitely like it better now that I've had a chance to soak it all in. I think we were too used to the "Slaughterhouse" and "Onslaught" type track. This track is really more about getting people amped. It's tight. Don't forget, it's one of many songs on the album, I think they will have something for everyone.
(06-19-2009, 01:51 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:the perrmo beat is top noch! its got me jupming all over, the song picks me up, not great lyrically but its not meant to be, it compliments the raps.

id take the beat for boom over this, but this is still fantastic

It's actually a Nottz beat, not Premo.
is it?

odd somehwere i say it was a premo beat. my bad
(06-19-2009, 04:00 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:is it?

odd somehwere i say it was a premo beat. my bad

That was a common misconception going around. A lot of people assumed that because DJ Premier was in the studio when the track was being mixed down that he was the producer.

However, when Budden leaked the track last night he was live streaming and announced the producer as Nottz.
I feel ya Effex on letting it soak in and appreciating it more I still feel with these dudes talent that they could have had a story or theme between all of them

However I also agree that the album will have something for everyone
(06-19-2009, 01:51 PM)shaffaaf27 link Wrote:the perrmo beat is top noch! its got me jupming all over, the song picks me up, not great lyrically but its not meant to be, it compliments the raps.

id take the beat for boom over this, but this is still fantastic

Why does everyone say this is produced by Premo? Literally EVERYONE, am I missing something?

Nottz produced it. It doesn't even really sound like a Premo beat. 
(06-19-2009, 03:00 PM)Mrs EFFeX link Wrote:I think its a hot track (minus the additional mixing they need to do) for what they have to work with. If they're trying to keep the tracks short to "standard size" with 4 dudes and a hook, they can't manage to get too lyrical and still make it sound like they're on same track. They only had 12 bars (I believe, only listened to it twice, correct me if i'm wrong) to work with.

Way off topic but I keep meaning to say this.....

LOVE THE AV!!!
(06-20-2009, 10:12 AM)ehbunner link Wrote:[quote author=Mrs EFFeX link=topic=1022.msg257038#msg257038 date=1245438038]
I think its a hot track (minus the additional mixing they need to do) for what they have to work with. If they're trying to keep the tracks short to "standard size" with 4 dudes and a hook, they can't manage to get too lyrical and still make it sound like they're on same track. They only had 12 bars (I believe, only listened to it twice, correct me if i'm wrong) to work with.

Way off topic but I keep meaning to say this.....

LOVE THE AV!!!
[/quote]

lol thanks!