Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaughterhouse - The One
the track is Hottt for sure,, but im not overly happy with the mastering.... sounds to flat, if only dre could mix it!!!!!!!!!!!
but maybe its not the proper release so will reserve my judgment until the official release is out.

The future is bright the future is SLAUGHTERHOUSE>>>>

peace
Love the beat, LOVE IT...Khalil is a beast!!!  Hook is hot, but did we really need a single about "fuckin bitches"?????  Even for the radio???  This song could have been so much more.....
I know^^^ most of the mainstream people wont like it they will just think some gangsters trying to act hard. Thats what non hiphop fans are like!
(07-03-2009, 07:10 AM)Akademic link Wrote:Love the beat, LOVE IT...Khalil is a beast!!!  Hook is hot, but did we really need a single about "fuckin bitches"?????  Even for the radio???  This song could have been so much more.....They have said countless times it isn't about the money, but the fact that I have heard 2 songs off the album already with NO substance at all, no story, not even a hot punchline for that matter makes me very skeptical (although woodstock has grown on me a little).  There's too much riding on this album for all 4 of these guys for this album to fail, and the only way it will not is for them to do what they do best, and not get caught up all be industry bullshit.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but as a fan of all 4 individually and as a group, and cannot just sit here and say "this song is fire!!!" or "CRACK" when it isn't true....
2 songs in a row where lyricas arnt the main focus Sad

wutang did it based on the lyrics, why cant SH. fuck the mainstreme sexing girls BS, and give us lyrics.

also you can hardly hear them.....

anyone got the lyrics.

im nto feeling this track lyrically. yeah the hook is all good and beats solid but SH are about a 4 headed lyrical monster, and this isnt. i go back and listen to slaugtherhouse, onslught and move on, and its amazing, then i hear this and woodstock..... Sad
great radio single. dudes goin the right way-
People seem to be looking for negative things to say about this song. Sure it's not a lyrical masterpiece, or a track full of substance, but in my opinion for 4 guys that aren't renowned for their hit song making abilities, it's a pretty good effort. Maybe it's just because I was expecting ALOT less from the single than this but I still think it's dope.

It's on;y 1 song, if you don't like it there's still 13 or so others... that aren't singles..
(07-03-2009, 09:06 AM)alphabet link Wrote:People seem to be looking for negative things to say about this song. Sure it's not a lyrical masterpiece, or a track full of substance, but in my opinion for 4 guys that aren't renowned for their hit song making abilities, it's a pretty good effort. Maybe it's just because I was expecting ALOT less from the single than this but I still think it's dope.

It's on;y 1 song, if you don't like it there's still 13 or so others... that aren't singles..

2 songs.....woodstock too....although it has raised to at least average for me...
My thing is, I can appreciate the effort to get to the radio, and them not wanting to go over peoples heads.  However, 3 minutes of straight name-droppin and bitch fuckin is weak.  It could have been about life as a star (which yes includes sex, but not all), or findin that 1 chick or something.  Hell, half the song will be edited on the radio anyway.  When you get a beat from Khalil, you gotta do more than that with it.

Slaughterhouse is supposed to be about change in hip hop, and this song sounds more like they are trying to conform than stand out.  I'm not trying to hate (just being honest), because I love this group, and despite my personal feelings for this song, I will still push it for them.  i will call faithfully and request it, and pass out my mix cds with it just the same as if I liked it. 
(07-03-2009, 09:39 AM)Akademic link Wrote:[quote author=alphabet link=topic=1101.msg257751#msg257751 date=1246626399]
People seem to be looking for negative things to say about this song. Sure it's not a lyrical masterpiece, or a track full of substance, but in my opinion for 4 guys that aren't renowned for their hit song making abilities, it's a pretty good effort. Maybe it's just because I was expecting ALOT less from the single than this but I still think it's dope.

2 songs.....woodstock too....although it has raised to at least average for me...
My thing is, I can appreciate the effort to get to the radio, and them not wanting to go over peoples heads.  However, 3 minutes of straight name-droppin and bitch fuckin is weak.  It could have been about life as a star (which yes includes sex, but not all), or findin that 1 chick or something.  Hell, half the song will be edited on the radio anyway.  When you get a beat from Khalil, you gotta do more than that with it.

Slaughterhouse is supposed to be about change in hip hop, and this song sounds more like they are trying to conform than stand out.  I'm not trying to hate (just being honest), because I love this group, and despite my personal feelings for this song, I will still push it for them.  i will call faithfully and request it, and pass out my mix cds with it just the same as if I liked it. 
[/quote]

Well maybe it's because I have been giving some mainstream music a chance lately but if you listen to this song as just some new group out then it's still as lyrical if not more then the average song...if you hook the mainstream with that and they check out your album then find 4 lyrical masterminds then we could have a whole bunch of people who appreciate lyrics again
 Defective Crooked I Robot
everyone relax this song is just a trap, once the mainstream heads hear it they will be like "oh i wana hear more of slaughterhouse" then they will hear the actual lyricism that an mc should have on the rest of the songs on the album